Tuesday, August 23, 2011

"One man's junk, another man's treasure"

Those who know me well, can tell you I am a BIG nerd.....(and, really, who am I kidding? Even those who DON'T know me well can probably tell you this). That's fine by me though, I wear my nerd badge with honor!

As an official self-proclaimed nerd, I LOVE to read books. Not only do I love to read, I actually love books themselves. New books, old books, soft cloth books, shiny hardbacks...but mostly, I love a good, inexpensive book. Thus the reason for this post: If you have not been to your local thrift store, you must do so, right away! (Seriously, go...but finish reading my Blog first, then go!)

I visit a lot of different thrift stores, and prices range, as does the selection. (Items are donated, so you wont ALWAYS find a stack of amazingly inexpensive finds, maybe sometimes just one or two.) I find stacks upon stacks of abandoned books, just begging to be bought and taken home to be loved. My two favorite spots sell their children's books for .33 and .50, respectively. Adult books are sold for a $1.00 at both locations. What a steal!
$1.80 for Noah's new books, "winning"!

I just had to share, so many people are missing out on a great deal! So what are you waiting for, visit your local thrift store today, there are treasures to be found!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis